Saturday, September 27, 2008

Is it really All About Me?

So - the title of my blog is "It's all about me" but is it really? This blog IS about me - to write about my thoughts and feelings and what is going on in my life. Part of my life is my family and friends. So I want to introduce you to my family. (one member at a time)

My husband, Glen, and I met 11 years ago - I actually remember the night we "officially" met. It was October 17 1997. I remember because my birthday is on October 18 and I was out with some friends at a local bar celebrating my bday that night.

glen and i just celebrated our 10 year anniversary. He is my best friend. I could not imagine life with anyone else.

Glen is originally from Chicago (actually Libertyville – a suburb or Chicago). He moved to the small town of Heber Springs Arkansas when he was in high school and then came to Auburn for college. After graduating from Auburn University, he started working as a police officer for the university and then a year later, for the city of Auburn. He is no longer working as a police officer… not because he didn’t enjoy it but because during one of our several moves, financially it just wasn’t possible – as that particular area only paid about minimum wage to officers. I think he misses being an officer but he does enjoy not working nights, weekends, and holidays – and most importantly, he doesn’t have to work during football games. Here in Auburn, if there is a home football game – all officers have to be working. I would not want to work during a football game either!

No comments: